This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Support for nested objects?

Apr 18, 2015 at 10:05 AM
Using the example you have in the "Advanced" tab:
{
  "Manufacturers": [
    {
      "Name": "Acme Co",
      "Products": [
        {
          "Name": "Anvil",
          "Price": 50
        }
      ]
    },
    {
      "Name": "Contoso",
      "Products": [
        {
          "Name": "Elbow Grease",
          "Price": 99.95
        },
        {
          "Name": "Headlight Fluid",
          "Price": 4
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}
How could I get all the "Name" and "Price" values?

I would think this would work, but it doesn't:
$.Manufacturers..Products.*
Any ideas?
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2015 at 12:32 PM
Hi,

with the current version of this component, that's impossibile. You're basically asking to parse elements from different object depth.
However this feature has been marked as possible enhancement for future versions.

Stay tuned!
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2015 at 6:57 PM
Hi,

Today I've added this feature to the developing release. It will be possible to use the ".." operator.
This means that the future component is able to scan object-arrays by supporting the recursive descendant operator. By the way, different depth attributes won't be supported because of their potential ambiguity. In your case there should be no problem, since you're asking for attributes of same depth.

Unfortunately the new release is not going to be distributed before this summer, so I kindly ask you to be patient!

See the attachment and confirm that is the result you expected.

Regards,
Alberto
Marked as answer by webking on 4/19/2015 at 10:58 AM
Apr 20, 2015 at 5:34 AM
Thanks Alberto. I believe with that feature this would be a great tool for the SSIS Toolbox, so I'm glad you're putting it on the feature roadmap. This won't help me for some projects in the short term, but I'll definitely help test anything once you have a beta version of it.

Thanks,
Jared
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2015 at 9:28 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2016 at 11:20 PM
Good news!

New beta relase is available for manual installation. I've written a step by step guide on how to install the component. Give it a try!

https://jsonsource.codeplex.com/releases/view/620147
Marked as answer by webking on 3/1/2016 at 3:20 PM