Issues installing

May 26, 2015 at 5:47 PM
Hellow there,
I've managed to add the tools to the GAC, but unfortunately, I`m not able to see them from the toolbox.

Note that I'm using integrated VS2010 shell for SSIS, which is the default install for SQL Server 2012.

I've tried to manually add the toolbox item, however, using the "browse" option to point to the com.webkingsoft.JSONSource_110.dll file in the SQL Server DTS PipelineComponents folder results in a:
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSRuntimeWrap,Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of it's dependencies.

Looks like there could be a mixup somewhere; the SQL Server 2012 file looks like it requires the 2014 assembly...

Thanks!
Jun 2, 2015 at 11:45 AM
Indeed, this seems to be the problem for SQL Server 2012. The dll is compiled with reference to 12.0.0.0 which isn't present on 2012. I got it to work by downloading the source, changing the reference to 11.0.0.0 and recompiling. After registering the component shows up in SSIS without a problem.

To do this without Visual Studio:
  • Download the source from Codeplex
  • Browse to JSONSource\JSONSource.csproj and open it in Notepad
  • Scroll down to the <Reference>-tags and change the version to 11.0.0.0 for Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Design, Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap, Microsoft.SQLServer.DTSRuntimeWrap, Microsoft.SQLServer.ManagedDTS and Microsoft.SqlServer.PipelineHost
  • Save your changes
  • Execute "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\msbuild.exe JSONSource.sln"
  • You'll get a compile error because "deploy.bat" is called which references a bunch of directories which are not present on other systems, but the dll compiles ok to JSONSource\bin\Debug
  • Copy the dll to the SQL Server PipelineComponents-directories
  • Register the dll in the GAC
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2016 at 10:22 PM
Good news!

New beta relase is available for manual installation. I've written a step by step guide on how to install the component. Give it a try!

https://jsonsource.codeplex.com/releases/view/620147
Marked as answer by webking on 3/1/2016 at 3:22 PM