This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

ssis json component is not in ssis tool box

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:02 PM
Edited Mar 2, 2016 at 1:07 PM
Hi Alberto,
sorry for the spanish, the main problem is that i can´t see the component in the ssis toolbox.
first i try to install the with the .exe (but i can´t see the component)
the second step was unistall the component by removing the DLL and put it in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\PipelineComponents
also put the GAC manager in the same folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\ because i have diferents sql server version.
with this the GAC manager add the two DLL to the cache, and restart VS but have the same result(the ssis tool box didn´t have the components).
i have Visual Studio 2013 and sql server 2014
did you know how I can resolve the issue?

Kind regards,
Julio
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2016 at 12:20 PM
Hi,

please write in english. Would you mind to translate?

Alberto.
Mar 2, 2016 at 12:49 PM
Hi Alberto,
sorry for the spanish, the main problem is that i can´t see the component in the ssis toolbox.
  • first i try to install the with the .exe (but i can´t see the component)
  • the second step was unistall the component by removing the DLL and put it in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\PipelineComponents
    also put the GAC manager in the same folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\ because i have diferents sql server version.
    with this the GAC manager add the two DLL to the cache, and restart VS but have the same result(the ssis tool box didn´t have the components).
    i have Visual Studio 2013 and sql server 2014
did you know how I can resolve the issue?

Kind regards,
Julio
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2016 at 1:17 PM
Hi Julio,

first of all, please make sure you are installing my last version. Download the DLL pack from here:
https://jsonsource.codeplex.com/downloads/get/1552879

After that, uninstall any com.webkingsoft.* DLL from your GAC. You can either use GACUtil or GacManager to do so.
Do the same for Newtonsoft.json.

Once you are done, remove the same DLLs from C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\PipelineComponents.

Now, follow the installation steps again, from scratch and try again.

Please note the following:
  1. Visual Studio ALWAYS runs in a 32bit environment. From your environment I see you did install the DLLs only in 64bit installation path of SQL Server. That may be the problem. Please install the DLLs both in 32 and 64 bit paths (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\PipelineComponents)
  2. The component shows up in the DataFlow panel, not in the task panel. Make sure you've opened that panel.
Also, I would appreciate your answer if you either fix or not your problem, so we can share this solutions with others.

Regards,

Alberto.
Marked as answer by jgranados on 3/2/2016 at 5:55 AM
Mar 2, 2016 at 1:58 PM
Edited Mar 2, 2016 at 1:58 PM
Hi Alberto,
i just re-install with the steps and know i see the component.
This must happen for the 32 bit enviroment
thanks a lot!!!!
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2016 at 4:48 PM
Hi Julio,

that is great!

Please rate the component if you find it useful!