JSON flow tasks not showing up in toolbox in VS2015

Topics: Bug / Problems
Oct 4, 2016 at 10:20 AM
Hi,

I have installed the JSON source component using the automatic installer from the download page.
However, the flow tasks are not showing up in my toolbox in VS2015.
In VS2013 (also installed on my machine) the flow tasks are appearing.
When I create an SSIS solution in VS2013 with a JSON source component and a JSON filter task in a data flow task, and open this solution in VS2015 the tasks are not recognized by VS.

Do you have any idea what might be the issue here?

Thanks!

kind regards,

Frank
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2016 at 5:27 PM
Hi,

it is important to understand what is the SQL version that you are using. Can you tell me that?
Oct 6, 2016 at 6:22 AM
Edited Oct 6, 2016 at 6:28 AM
Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that.
I use SQL server 2014.
By the way; the solution in which I try to use the JSON components has as target 'SQL server 2014'.

I have Microsoft SQL server data tools for visual studio 2013 and for 2015; might this be causing issues?

Kind regards,

Frank

[Edit]
I just found out that the target SQL version of the project might be the problem.
When I have an project in VS2015 with target SQL server 2014, the task components are not in the toolbox.
When the target is SQL server 2016 the components are there!
Any idea on the cuase of this issue and how to fix it?
Coordinator
Oct 6, 2016 at 8:50 AM
Hi,

your suggestion was the key for solving the problem. That has already happened in the past: Visual Studio 2015 does not update the project files when you change something in the GUI. So, you get the impression that every dependency is in place, but when you compile it is not. So I think I've finally solved the problem once for all.

I've updated again both DLL Pack and Automatic Installer. Please go ahead and download/install them again. You should be totally fine (I've checked on my system and they are working). Please provide a feedback as soon as you try this.

Regards,

Alberto.
Marked as answer by webking on 10/6/2016 at 1:51 AM
Oct 6, 2016 at 3:04 PM
Hello!

I confirm that indeed you've fixed the problem.
Great work!

Thanks for this support, I appreciate it!

Kind regards,

Frank
Marked as answer by webking on 10/20/2016 at 3:42 PM
Nov 3, 2016 at 4:23 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2016 at 4:33 PM
I have installed the JSON source component using the automatic installer from the download page. However, the flow tasks are not showing up in my BIDS toolbox. I am using SQL server 2008 R2.

Any direction is much appreciated.
Coordinator
Feb 3 at 8:35 AM
nateterry wrote:
I have installed the JSON source component using the automatic installer from the download page. However, the flow tasks are not showing up in my BIDS toolbox. I am using SQL server 2008 R2.

Any direction is much appreciated.
SQL Server 2008 is not supported. Have a look at the documentation.

A.
Marked as answer by webking on 2/3/2017 at 1:35 AM