This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

DFT not showing up

Dec 17, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Edited Dec 17, 2014 at 6:32 AM
Tried installing on both SQL Server 2012 SSDT and VS 2012 with SSDT-BI with no success. DLL shows in the GAC and I added newtonsoft.json for .net 4.0 to the GAC as well. Data flow task does not appear in SSIS toolbox. Am I missing something?

EDIT: A restart fixed the issue for VS2012, still having issues with SSDT
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2015 at 11:52 PM
Hello everyone.
I'm sorry, I didn't register to notification about this component, so I wasn't able to see your posts. By the way, I'm here to help.
Would you please say specify the following info so I can replicate your environment?
  1. Windows version and ark (32 or 64 bits)
  2. Visual Studio version and ark (32 or 64 bits)
  3. Ssis version and ark.
I'll replicate your environment and I will try to follow the steps one by one so I can catch any problem you might have found

Alberto.
Mar 10, 2015 at 3:16 PM
Hi Alberto,

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit), Visual Studio 2012 Premium (11.0.61030.00 Update 4) with .NET version 4.5.51209 and SSIS 2012 + SSDT 11.1.41025.0

I'm also having trouble getting the JSonSource to show up in the SSIS Toolbox. I've added both JSONSource.dll and the Newtonsoft.Json.dll to the GAC and it's still not showing up after a "Refresh Toolbox".

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Murray
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Hi Michael,

I'll try out this evening setting up a VM like your working environment so I van simulate that behaviour.
I'll letto you know.

Alberto

Il 10/mar/2015 15:16 "michaelmurray" <[email removed]> ha scritto:

Hi Alberto,

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit), Visual Studio 2012 Premium (11.0.61030.00 Update 4) with .NET version 4.5.51209 and SSIS 2012 + SSDT 11.1.41025.0

I'm also having trouble getting the JSonSource to show up in the SSIS Toolbox. I've added both JSONSource.dll and the Newtonsoft.Json.dll to the GAC and it's still not showing up after a "Refresh Toolbox".

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Murray

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:33 PM
Excellent! Thank you very much

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Hi,

After spending half a day in setting up your exact environment I found the error, which is stupid and, actually, shouldn't have required to install your environment to fix.
However this gives to me the opportunity to make the installation process easier, so I will implement a easy installer to allow other people to use the component in a very quick way.

For your information, the DLLs you've downloaded will only work on a MSSQL 2014-> version 12 db. I just needed to recompile for 2012 with correct references.

I'll publish the new version tomorrow evening. Will you help me in trying it out? Do you have any other platforms (i.e. different OS, Different MS SQL DB versions) where to try?

Let's keep in touch,
Alberto.
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2015 at 1:20 AM
Edited Mar 12, 2015 at 5:21 PM
Hi,

I was too excited, so I haven't gone sleep until I published everything. The new version should do the entire JOB for you. Check that out!

But first, since the previous version might have meessed up your configuration, here is the procedure I'd suggest to follow before installing the new one.
  • Remove C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents\JSONSource.dll (If Any)
  • Remove C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents\newtonSoft.json (If Any)
  • Remove C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents\JSONSource.dll
  • Remove C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents\newtonSoft.json
  • Remove JSONSource from the GAC (use "gacutil /u JSONSource")
  • Remove newtonsoft.json from the GAC (use "gacutil /u newtonsoft.json")
Note: replace "110" from the paths if you are using a SQL Server different than MS SQL 2012.

At that point, you'll have reverted any action that the previous installer mught have performed. If you did something else, I strongly suggest to revert everything. Now, simply download the All-In-One installer, extract it and run the SSISInstaller.exe.

Please let me know if you have any issue!

Enjoy!
Marked as answer by webking on 3/11/2015 at 5:21 PM
Mar 12, 2015 at 2:16 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2015 at 2:18 PM
Hi Alberto,

I just attempted to re-install following the guidelines you stated in your last email. Unfortunately it's still not showing up in my SSIS Toolbox :(

All of the DLL's look correct, however my JSONSource.dll is called com.webkingsoft.JSONSource_110.dll, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Thanks for your help! It will solve a lot of my requirements moving forward if I get this going.

Michael Murray
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2015 at 5:04 PM
Hi michael,

can't see the image. Would you please re-send it?

Alberto.

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2015 at 5:12 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2015 at 5:50 PM
Hi Michael,

So, you are installing the component for a MSSQL Server 2012, so you'll need to install the com.webkingsoft.JSONSource_110.dll and the newtonsoft.json.

To do so, uninstall any other JSONSource DLL you've installed from your GAC. Use gacutil to do so.
After that, install with the gacutil (C:\program files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs....\gacutil.exe) to install the two dll you'll require.
Then, copy both the DLL in C:\program files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents and in C:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents .

Then restart Visual studio, go to DataFlow view and right-click on the SSIS toolbox, then select "Reload Toolbox".

Let me know!
Mar 12, 2015 at 5:53 PM
Hi Alberto,

After clearing everything from my last installtion, I ran the SSISInstaller.exe, checked the directories and the DLL's are present. I restarted VS 2012, refreshed the ToolBox and nothing showed up.

However, I just manually registered the DLL's in the gac using the gacutil -i "path of DLL's" in the Program (x86) directory listed above, restarted VS 2012 and refreshed the Toolbox... now the JSON Source Component appears :) yay!

Thanks very much for your help :) much appreciated

Regards,

Michael Murray

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2015 at 8:36 PM
Hi Michael,

so I guess there must be some strange behaviour with the Installer. I'll check it next week.
I'm glad you've solved this problem. I really hope this component helps in accelerating your business. If you like, don't forget to rate it!

Alberto.

Mar 17, 2015 at 1:47 PM
Excellent! Everything is working great. I will continue playing with the component and path's to see how well it works for our internal stuff here.

Thanks again for all your help and quick responses.

Regards,

Michael Murray

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:47 AM
Edited Apr 18, 2015 at 10:10 AM
I'm having an issue trying to get this installed on SSIS 2008 and SSIS 2010.

When I try to manually install these through gacutil.exe I get an error:
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin> .\gacutil.exe -i 'E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Serve
r\110\DTS\PipelineComponents\com.webkingsoft.JSONSource_110.dll'
Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 3.5.30729.1
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Failure adding assembly to the cache:   This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and
cannot be loaded.
Any ideas? Does this mean that the DLL will only install on 2012?

EDIT:

I ended up installing SSDT 2013 and its seems to work. Now just trying to figure out how to get all rows of my JSON object.

Thanks,
Jared
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2016 at 11:22 PM
Good news!

New beta relase is available for manual installation. I've written a step by step guide on how to install the component. Give it a try!

https://jsonsource.codeplex.com/releases/view/620147