This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

JWT / Authentication headers

Topics: Example / Documentation, Example needed
Oct 25, 2016 at 3:53 PM
Hey there,
I've been looking into using your component. One roadblock that I'm having is the fact that our API requires authentication. To authenticate, we have to make a post with our username and password to a URL, and receive a JSON response with a token. All subsequent calls need to include this token as an Authentication header on the HTTP call with the body "Bearer: " + token.

Is there any way to do this with your component, or are you aware of any way to use existing techniques to make use of your component with authentication headers? Thanks
Coordinator
Oct 26, 2016 at 4:06 PM
Hi,

sorry for the late reply. That feature is currently under development. In the next release you will be able to specify a set of custom headers to go alone with the request.
At this time that feature is not supported, yet.

But stay tuned!

Regards,
Alberto.
Oct 26, 2016 at 5:54 PM
Hi Alberto,
That's amazing. I just stumbled on your project yesterday, so I'm not sure how often you release. Obviously you must be busy, but do you have any timelines in mind? Weeks, months, years?

Thanks again
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2016 at 7:18 PM
Hi,

it really depends. Next version will tackle many features, such as:

-> Handling nulla data into error output
-> Custom header support
-> Code refactoring

I am planning to spend a three or four week ends for dong so. Problem being time, mostly. I have tons of ideas for this component, but I'm miserably lacking time.
My goal is to provide the new release as "Christmas gift" for the community, hopefully before mid December.

Stay tuned!
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2016 at 12:39 AM
Hi!

New version uploaded and now it supports any kind of header, including authentication headers! have fun!
Marked as answer by webking on 11/6/2016 at 4:39 PM